27 February 2010

Dream interpretation

So I've managed to find a place to grow a real garden, and not just a container garden. The University farm has garden plots available to students/staff/faculty, which is pretty nifty. Last night I spent some time mapping out what I want and where I want it. And, I think I have some subconscious... hesitations or uncertainties about my garden! I think I have some work to do... read on!

Last night I had a dream that I was going to pick out my spot with my friend who was in a wheel chair. She's not in a wheel chair in real life, but her legs were weak or something in the dream. I told her that they wouldn't get any stronger if she relied on the chair, and she agreed and hopped out and walked just fine! So we started off to the farm. The walk started out just fine, but soon we began to climb a mountain side that had lots of train tracks, or maybe mining cart tracks? We came to where the garden plots were supposed to be, which ended up being a HUGE wooden door in the side of the mountain.

Turns out my garden was supposed to be in a prison for dragons and demons. :( There was a bit more to the dream, but those are the main things that stand out in my mind, the things that I can remember.

Dreammoods.com suggests:

+that my friend in a wheelchair means that she needs my help.
+that climbing the mountain signifies my determination and ambition (to have a garden?)
+that mountains signify obstacles and challenges to overcome and also denote a higher realm of consciousness, knowledge, and spiritual truth.
+that seeing a railroad signifies that I have laid out a set track toward achieving your goals
+that entering through the door symbolises my desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.
+that seeing the "convicts," ie the dragons and demons, indicates that an aspect of myself is unable to freely express itself
+that seeing dragons signifies that I let myself get carried away by my passion.
+that seeing demons dreams represents ignorance, negativity, distress or your shadow self. It also forewarns of overindulgence and letting lust give way to one's better judgment.

I have to say that this seems to be a very telling dream! Perhaps the dream is not about gardening at all, but about my quest for spiritual fulfillment and betterment. I entered the door to my inner self and faced my darker side. And to be honest, it scared me! I ran away and left those negative emotions in their mountainside prison. The interpretation says that I'm not allowing my passion, ignorance, negativity, etc free expression, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I confronted it, saw it, and said "No, thank you!" (in my dream at least.) Dreammoods.com suggests that seeing gardens in dreams mirrors your spiritual health. I don't know what to think that my "garden" was up the side of a mountain, in a prison, and surrounded by dragons and demons. I suppose I will have to face my demons in a more direct way than I did in the dream (um.. turn tail and run) before I can begin nurturing my spiritual growth.

1 comment:

  1. I've read several books on dreams as I have tried to get a handle on my own. Some of the analyticle stuff I might buy into, but I think we dream about something or a thought that was on our mind that previous day. Perhaps the mountain has something to do with the dew thing:) Glad you found a place to put in a garden. A garden is another way for us to get back to nature. It helps give some seperation from the high tech world we live in today. X.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...