27 April 2010

Falling up

Yesterday, Camden and I were playing in the kitchen. I was singing the itsy bitsy spider song, and instead of singing the last line "And the itsy bitsy spider climbed the spout again" I sang "And the isty bitsy spider chased after Camden Zachary" and tickled Cam. And then he would sing the song and tickle me. It was adorable!

Then he decided that he wanted to do ring around the rosie. Except, at the end, instead of "We all fall down!" he was saying "We all fall UP!" Which meant I had to pick him up and throw him in the air (aka hold him over my head, which is about all I can manage.) A couple of weeks ago we'd had a conversation about why things fall down and why water always runs off of things and down hill. (The talk: gravity) So it was pretty amusing that he wanted to fall up, even after I reminded him that things (and people) can only fall down. Of course, then we were watching a cartoon where one of the characters made a wish for no gravity, and everything went flying up to the ceiling. D'oh!

And a reminder! Enter my giveaway! Go here and leave a comment to win a (very adorable!) recipe box with recipe cards. Oh, I'm also going to throw in the book The Goddess is in the Details by Deborah Blake.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I appreciate any feedback right now! I have had numerous people tell me to look into books and the movie about Temple Grandin and plan to do so as soon as possible. Braeden is very high functioning so I have high hopes that therapy will work well for him. He has been in Speech therapy since he was 2 and will be starting the behavior therapy this week.

    Diet is going to be a HUGE step but I have hopes.... trying not to get frustrated is the hard part.

    Again, thank you for your kind comment and encouragement. I really appreciate it and am following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is random to put on this post but i would just like to say i LOVE your blog! Im adding your button to my exchange!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...