31 October 2009

Happy Samhain!

I haven't been this excited for Samhain/Halloween in a long time. Before I went to college, I lived at my parents' house, so rituals were pretty much a no-go. And after I came to college, I just didn't have the time/place. I probably still won't do much for it this year--send up a prayer and do a short meditation, probably-- because I'll be taking Camden trick-or-treating and at 8 I have to go to a recital.



I think I mentioned in a previous post that Camden will be trick-or-treating as a fireman. And I finally took a picture of him dressed up! I'm glad he's old enough to appreciate the fun of trick-or-treating and also that he can say trick-or-treat!




The pumpkin was given to us by a thrift store just down the street. The people who run it think Camden is the greatest thing since sliced bread (which he is) so they gave it to us. I planned to make a jack-o-lantern with it, but it was quite tough, so I couldn't cut it properly! Instead, I decided to use it for pumpkin puree. It made around 14.5 cups, and that was only using 2/3 of it! The worst part is that I still have two smaller "pie pumpkins" that I was planning on cooking up for puree! I guess they'll get to survive for a little bit longer in my harvest/Samhain display.

Have a wonderful Samhain!!

1 comment:

  1. goodness gracious that is a lot of pumpkins... but I love the 2 little pie pumpkins... they are so cute...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...