21 December 2009

Blessed Yule!

Many happy wishes on this darkest day of the year! This is a day that speaks to me on many levels. Eleven years ago today my father returned home after three years in prison (vehicular manslaughter) and brought back the light to my family. This is the day of the Horned God's rebirth, bringing back the light to the world (in the form of the sun, at least until the Summer solstice). This day also serves as a reminder that no matter how dark things get, there is always a time when the darkness lifts and the light returns to our lives.

A remarkably short post for a remarkably short day. I'm at my parents' this week for holiday celebrations and have very little time for posting. But next week I'll be back at home and should have lots of time for religious musings and posting. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...