01 January 2010

New Beginnings for a New Year

My first post of twenty-ten. How exciting!

The New Year is a time of new beginnings and deciding what we're going to change about our lives in the coming year. I haven't made a New Year's resolution in several years. And the years I did, I doubt very much that I held to the resolutions I made. This year I am breaking my tradition of not making resolutions. This year I am resolving to be more patient with Camden. I am also going to devote more time reaffirming my Pagan faith. I've always been something like the person who considers their self a Christian but never goes to church. I've read about and studied Paganism since the beginning, and held a few rituals for myself. But what started out as not practicing in order to shelter my beliefs from my parents developed into habit. And the last few years, though I've been out of my parents' house, I've been busy raising Camden and going to school. But now Camden is at the age where he is beginning to understand the unseen a little bit more (or at least can appreciate the stories and songs!) So I want to make time in my life for worship, via ritual on holidays and full moons and at other times. I want to follow a more "religious" Pagan path than I have in the past, and this year is the beginning of that.

Another new beginning for this year: this blog. Since I'm no longer a "witch at church" I really need to come up with a new name for my blog. I'm just not entirely sure where I want the blog to go, now.

Many happy wishes for you and yours for twenty-ten!

3 comments:

  1. I came upon your blog and had to click on the button simply for the title, it was intriguing. I look forward to many more posts about your journey.

    Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! i saw the title of your blog and had to check it out. i'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found me here, and even more glad that you'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...