05 June 2011

acceptance

A week or so ago, I mentioned my "secret garden" in passing to a friend, and when he asked about it, we both thought it would be easier to simply link him to the blog post I made. Either the address of my blog, or the name, led him to ask me if I was a witch. When I said yes... He said the oddest thing. He said good. Good that I was a witch!

And and a few days ago, I was at the doctor, and he saw my tattoo. And suddenly he started gushing about how beautiful it was (and at that point, I noticed how dry and ashy my legs were and was mortified that I forgot to put lotion on) and asked if it had any meaning. So, I told him it was a pentacle and he pipes up, "Like in Wicca, right?" And I hesitated... Because I'm not a Wiccan, but he took it as me being worried about the usual persecution we non-book religions suffer and said "Oh, it's cool! I've studied Wicca a bit and it's a really neat religion. ... You classify it as a religion, right?" LOL So I said that I was Pagan, and yes, it is a religion. I'm assuming he thought it might be classified as a spirituality?

Anyway, don't mind me. I'm just basking in the warm glow of acceptance. I hope that, someday, it is something we all can experience. Actually, no. I hope that someday this is the normal way of things, and there will be no warm glow because it will just be how things are.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you've found some bit of acceptance within your world! It isn't an easy path forward but with confidence and belief, it will be easier and will make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! This is the same reason I love where I work...I don't have to fear being judged for believing different than practically everyone else there (I say practically because I'm one of 2 pagans in my store). It's a great feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sometimes I forget how many people don't have a problem with my beliefs, as I recently proved.
    http://confessions-of-a-pagan-bibliophile.blogspot.com/2011/06/journal-facebook-incident.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love hearing others' ideas! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...